Boiler Prices in London.
Everything you need to know.
When most homeowners require a new boiler installation in London, the knee jerk reaction is to start by looking for the most affordable option on the market. But with many cowboy engineers and an industry masked in confusion and mystery, it can be incredibly hard getting an accurate quote from a reliable installer.
Boiler prices vary greatly, depending on a range of factors such as the brand they are manufactured by, the type of boiler, the requirements and then the installation package it comes with.
The installation process comes at a cost depending on the installation company, the scope of work and even the location you live in. In this guide, we go over the cost of standalone prices, as well as breaking it down to the boiler installation cost in different London areas.
The Price of a Standalone Boiler in London
We have categorized the boiler prices into 3 groups; Cheap, Mid-range and Premium. Standalone boiler prices is without any manual labour (aka the installation).
- The cheap models range between £630 – 900. Examples of boilers within this range include the Worcester Bosch Greenstar 2000 25 kW (£730), Ideal Logic Combi C30 (£845) and Ideal Logic Max C24 (£968).
- The mid range models range between £950 – 1400. Examples of boilers within this range include the Worcester Bosch Greenstar 32CDi (£1111), Ideal Vogue GEN2 C40 (£1354) and Vaillant ecoTEC plus 835 (£1431).
- Premium models range between £1400 – 2000. Examples of boilers within this range include the Vaillant ecoTEC Exclusive Green IQ 843 (£1673), Worcester Bosch Greenstar 8000 Life 45kW (£1800) and Worcester Bosch Greenstar 8000 Life 50kW (£2100).
- Cheap models range between £750 – 1000. Examples of boilers within this range include the Ideal Logic System S15 (£785), Vaillant ecoFIT pure 612 (£894) and Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30i (£1114).
- The mid range models range between £1200 – 1500. Boilers within this range include Ideal Vogue GEN2 S32 (£1264, Worcester Bosch Greenstar 8000 Style 35kW (£1446) and Vaillant ecoTEC plus 637 (£1537).
- Premium models range between £2000 – £4000. Boilers within this range Vaillant ecoTEC plus 637 (£1537), Worcester Bosch GB162 65kW (£2646) and Worcester Bosch GB162 100kW (£3837).
- Cheap models range between £700 – 1000. Examples of boilers within this range include the Ideal Logic Heat H12 (£712), Vaillant ecoTEC plus 412 (£805) and Worcester Bosch Greenstar 27Ri (£1114).
- Mid range models range between £1200 – 1500. Boilers in this range include the Ideal Mexico HE MEX 18 (£1208), Vaillant ecoTEC plus 435 (£1453) and Worcester Bosch Greenstar 8000 Life 35kW (£1546).
- Premium models range between £1600 – 3000. Boilers in this range include the Ideal Mexico HE MEX 24 (£1641), Worcester Bosch Greenstar 8000 Life 40kW (£1776) and the Worcester Bosch Greenstar 8000 Life 50kW (£2300). Some models such as the Ideal EvoMax 150kW have very high outputs and can cost as much as £4500.
Boiler Installation Prices in London
Combi Boiler installation Price
The cost of a Combi boiler installation price is going to vary anywhere between £1500 – 3500 depending on the boiler and the scope of the installation project.
If for instance:
- Your installation involves some alterations in your filter or flue, you can expect an additional £500 – 800 on the installation cost.
- The installation company you choose could also determine the price based on their experience and accreditation. Cheap boiler installation prices can be attractive at first site, but it is important to choose your installer wisely. Ensure your boiler installation company has the necessary qualifications and are Gas Safe Registered. Going for a cheap option might seem like a great choice in the short term, but it can easily cost you a lot more in the long run due to the boiler not being set up for maximum efficiency.
Regular Boiler installation price
Regular and System boiler installations are somewhat similar since the two boilers both require a hot water cylinder. Ideally, a regular and system boiler installation in London should range between £1750 – 4000. If the project involves fitting a new tank then the price might be North of £3000 or even go above the £4000 mark slightly.
The key difference between these boilers is a regular boiler involves a feed and expansion tank therefore any alterations within the tank might hike up the price. A system boiler relies on water from the mains.
At SP Boiler Services, we offer price match guarantee against any qualified and trusted boiler companies.
For an accurate quote on a London installations (in just 60 seconds!), use our instant boiler quote calculator.